Office Safety Protocol
For the health and safety of you and us, we have made the following changes to how we operate.
- Anyone entering the office will have their temperatures taken and screened for symptoms of illness. Anyone with a temperature of 100F and higher will be rescheduled.
- Hands and any mobility aids (canes, wheelchairs, etc.) will be disinfected upon entry.
- Masks are required for everyone (staff included).
- 6-feet distancing throughout the office.
- No extra people with you aside from one caretaker or guardian.
- Mandatory Optos retinal image on all comprehensive eye exams to reduce exposure risk.
- No eyewear browsing in the optical. Our experienced opticians will guide you through the process and bring frames to you to limit the spread of germs. Please keep in mind we are trying to minimize your time in the office.
- Single point of entry through the front door only.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for physical distancing between patients. This might mean patients are offered fewer options for appointment times.
- Online patient intake forms must be completed before arriving at our office.
If you are unwilling to comply with these changes, we will not be able to see you for your exam.
- All staff will have temperatures taken and COVID-19 symptom screener done before every shift.
- Frequent hand hygiene
- Wash hands with soap and water (20 seconds minimum)
- Disinfect with P&C spray
- Disinfection of surfaces and frames with P&C spray or hydrogen peroxide
- Required masks while working (will be provided)
- Gloves for any patient contact
- Plexiglass barriers where possible
- Physical distancing throughout the office
- Minimal workstation sharing
- Move toward paperless options
- Minimize patient forms and statements
- Minimize brochures to patients
- No communal food sharing
- Maintain 6 foot distancing at lunch; will be closed for lunch.